Thursday, February 22, 2024

The Predator

That man, much older than me

Established in his authority

Presiding confidently 

And me


A great untapped chasm

Of loneliness although I didn’t know it

Yearning for placement

Affection

Touch


Afloat


Not entirely untapped let’s be honest


He said (later)

I was a predator

And I was


Although I didn’t know it


Needy and crying for love

Stronger than thinking

Stronger than niceness 


Let’s 

Be 

Honest


When he tapped me on the shoulder

I did not hesitate

I did not imagine to hesitate

I didn’t know I wasn’t hesitating 

Who’d have thought this gaze


Was On Me


In the end there was not love, it was only loneliness

Heaped upon the other loneliness and not just mine

There are broken things let’s be honest


But I forget that one

Quite utterly


Something reminded me of him just now


it was a cringing thing I saw

.

No comments: